Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Forget Me Not

It is late. Once again, I'm awake into the wee hours of the morning.  Attempting to go to bed provided frustration, discouragement and hopeless thinking.  Updated to add (for my own record): I finally crawled back into bed for the 2nd time at 2:30am.  The last time I looked at the clock it said 3:39am.  The next thing I heard was my husbands alarm going off at 6:15am - it was time for him to get up and get the kids ready for school. I got up instead.  It is the first time this school year that I've been up before my kids went to school. I'm tired.  Yet, I'm also wide awake and feel as though I could run run run....I did not take the new medication last night. I put in a call to my psychiastrist office early yesterday morning and heard nothing back from her.  This was after speaking to my PCP and chiropractor.  My chiro is 100% convinced the issues I've had over the weekend (and continue) are related to this medication.  My PCP's office said "contact your pdoc".

I decided to get up and work past that.
Regardless if I have an 8:30am massage.
Regardless if I have a therapy appt right after my massage.  I will be tired.  It will work itself out.
It always does, right?

I edited some pictures of our dogs.  Both are adorable.  We are blessed they are such good dogs.

From there I ended up on the LDS.org website.  I had no real intent of looking anything up.  Or finding anything that would speak volumes to me.  It is as I mentioned....in the middle of the night.  Don't know about you, but my brain doesn't comprehend things very well at 1-2-3 am. 

General Conference was a few weeks ago.  I've not seen the Conference talks.  Nor have I read them.  I will be honest and I rarely watch or read the talks.  UNLESS...and here is the kicker....UNLESS someone tells me or I see on another blog that there is a specific highlight or special speaker that I just have to read/listen to.

That being said, I've not read any special comments about the latest conference talks.  And if I have, I've not remembered it.

Truly my Father in Heaven was guiding my fingers this evening as I skimmed over this talk by Elder Dieter F. Uchtorf.  I've read/heard things from him before.  All which have spoke volumes to my heart.  As I sit here this evening/early morning (whatever you call it)  reading and then listening (bc sometimes hearing their beautiful voices is important, too) tears stung my face as I tried to soak in his words.

You don't have to be LDS/Morman to soak in his goodness. You don't have to have 100% the same beliefs.  You just need to believe there is a higher being.  Who loves you.  Who will not forget you! 

The following portion of his talk truly brought me to my knees.  I struggle a great deal with remembering...I am not alone, nor am I forgotten.
(This can be found near the end of his talk)

Fifth, forget not that the Lord loves you.

As a child, when I would look at the little forget-me-nots, I sometimes felt a little like that flower—small and insignificant. I wondered if I would be forgotten by my family or by my Heavenly Father.
Years later I can look back on that young boy with tenderness and compassion. And I do know now—I was never forgotten.

And I know something else: as an Apostle of our Master, Jesus Christ, I proclaim with all the certainty and conviction of my heart—neither are you!

You are not forgotten.

Sisters, wherever you are, whatever your circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you with an infinite love.

Just think of it: You are known and remembered by the most majestic, powerful, and glorious Being in the universe! You are loved by the King of infinite space and everlasting time!
He who created and knows the stars knows you and your name—you are the daughters of His kingdom.

The Psalmist wrote:
“When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

“What is man, that thou art mindful of him? …

“For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.”5
God loves you because you are His child. He loves you even though at times you may feel lonely or make mistakes.

The love of God and the power of the restored gospel are redemptive and saving. If you will only allow His divine love into your life, it can dress any wound, heal any hurt, and soften any sorrow.
My dear Relief Society sisters, you are closer to heaven than you suppose. You are destined for more than you can possibly imagine. Continue to increase in faith and personal righteousness. Accept the restored gospel of Jesus Christ as your way of life. Cherish the gift of activity in this great and true Church. Treasure the gift of service in the blessed organization of Relief Society. Continue to strengthen homes and families. Continue to seek out and help others who need your and the Lord’s help.

Sisters, there is something inspiring and sublime about the little forget-me-not flower. I hope it will be a symbol of the little things that make your lives joyful and sweet. Please never forget that you must be patient and compassionate with yourselves, that some sacrifices are better than others, that you need not wait for a golden ticket to be happy. Please never forget that the “why” of the gospel of Jesus Christ will inspire and uplift you. And never forget that your Heavenly Father knows, loves, and cherishes you.

No comments: