Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Darkest of Days...continue




I've been released to go back to my normal work duties for 2 hours per day.  On Monday, my boss(es) were not to supportive when it came to accomodating me.  I made it very clear that my surgeon was not interested in letting me go back to work when he found out that my job includes overhead work.  And that he agreed to allow me to try this schedule.  They changed their tune real quick when the HR manager got a phone call from me letting her know what they said.

When I saw the surgeon on Monday, he was very encouraged by the progress I've had.  He believes very strongly that the previous orthopedic office did more damage than good.  I wasn't making steady progress because I was doing to much to soon.  I'm still facing surgery.  The only difference is it will be a much quicker recovery than I would have had before.

And...I hurt.  A TON.  Working feels good and right!  But, I'm in a great deal of pain.  I came home from work 2 hours than I normally do today because I am starting earlier.

We had plans for an early dinner out tonight for my birthday.  Instead, I stopped and bought take-n-bake pizzas.  Came home and went to bed.  I've been up for about an hour.  My kids and husband just left for Wednesday night church activities.

I'm going back to bed.




2 comments: