Saturday, January 28, 2012

Things I'm Sick Of....

How fitting is it that I read this post titled "Things I'm Sick Of" by Depressed Mormon Mommy and then read a post of a dear friend who is hurting beyond words.  And one of the comments (actually there were 3 who were from the same person I'm 99% sure of) fits and was going to be part of this post that I'm writing. 

Depressed MoMo wrote out her lil diddy.  I will add my .02 cents.

*Top of the list and it was on hers...is well meaning (or not in my not so humble opinion) people, specially other mothers/women, telling me that if I was just happier, tried harder, was more positive, excersised more, drankk more water....blah blah blah....I would not be in the place that I am.

*Top of the list after the one above...and this just gets my blood pressure going.....people who tell others they should not have had children bc they suffer/struggle with mental illness.  Shut the fuck up.  Serious!  In my case, which I've not blogged a great deal about and in MANY cases.....there were issues.  But they were nothing signficant.  I never saw a therapist. I never even considered medication.  I never needed medication.  And I sure as hell was never suicidal.  The issues that I have were suppressed so incredible deep that it wasn't till after the birth of my son and a few other traumatic things that happened in my life....did the abuse and trauma come to the surface. 

and the list goes on.  However, right now...I'm not in any space to keep going w/it.  But these are just a few of the things that I'm more than sick of...that truly piss me off!!

No comments: