Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Excerpt

Most people don't have to think about how they deal with life.  Suicide thinkers do.  Other people know how it feels good to run a mile,  look at their stamp collection, meditate e build a bird house,  garden, do a crossword puzzle.  They do these things instinctively.  Their thought process is not : "I feel like shit.  I'd better find some way to divert my attention and improve my mood before I fall deeper into despair. "  Their brain style allows them to cope with stress and pain,  like a car engine having enough gas and oil to keep it running smoothly.  My brain was (is) short on gas and oil.

Exerpt from "How I Stayed Alive When My Brain was Trying to Kill Me " by : Susan Rose Blauner

~~~~

Holy shit does that paragraph resonate DEEPLY with me today.  As in deep.  Depression and the bs surrounding it has taken up residence in my brain today.  And when I say deep I mean.....deep!  I'm out of gas.  Running on empty far to long.

1 comment:

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

I'm so sorry for your struggles. ((hugs)) as I think you already know, my grandfather and uncle committed suicide. I have a neice that struggles with it as well. I do hope you can find what you need. I'm sorry - I just feel at a loss for words. : -/