Monday, October 24, 2011

Sweetness

The last few months I have told my co-worker and friend D_  after her accident that we needed to get together for lunch.  It has never happened.

Until today.

I didn't tell her how anxious I was to get to see her.  To talk to her first hand, in person, with out other co-workers around...since her accident.  I have text with her and FB with her but haven't been able to sit down.  Friend to friend.  Look her in the eye and say 'how are YOU?' Or to look her in the eye and tell her how damn sorry I am and how there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her and wish I could hug and kiss her.

Today that changed.

I knew I loved this lady and her tender heart before our date today.  Hot damn do I love her even more.  What a brave and courageous lady she is.

Everyday she gets back up.   Over and over.  I know its not easy. She asked how I found out. I told her my initial reaction when I heard about the accident.  I happened to be sitting in my psychiatrist office.  In a private mental health clinic.  And my reaction to my dr.  She laughed and said 'shes my Dr, too...isn't she awesome?'  When I told her my initial reaction she said '_ if it werent for my family....'  That has stuck with me like glue today.

I get up.....again and again.  Because of my children.  Because of my husband.  God forbid I ever find myself wearing her shoes.  I PRAY she is there by my side reminding me....how and why she did get back up!

I love you my friend!!  You did more for my heart today than go will ever know.

No comments: