Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Go Big or Go Home

I had planned on doing the THURSDAY portion of the Prevention Week activities found on this website.

Make a “Reasons to Call” Sign
There are a million reasons to call the Lifeline. We asked people to make a sign telling others why they should call 1-800-273-TALK or why they have called themselves. Get inspired by viewing the 200 signs on the Lifeline’s Facebook page—and please make and upload your own.

I hadn't came up with a "picture" idea that I would feel comfortable sharing here.  Since I blog anonymously, I am adamant about not posting pictures of myself or family. I've thought about different creative ways.  I decided to post a picture w/a sign.

However, I'm sick.  And I'm sicker than I thought I was.  In March, I went to the doctor and ended up getting 2 scripts for an ear infection.  I was told not to fill one of them.  And I did....just because.  This morning I decided to start one of the antibiotics because I knew I had a sinus infection and this is what I've been prescribed 9 times out of 10.

Tonight, my shoulder kicks up.  I head into a hot shower.  The steam from the shower kicked in and I started coughing and didn't stop.  Nothing could stop it. No medication. No nothing. I drove myself to the Urgent Care.  It closed at 8pm. I arrived at 7:50.  And I left at 9:30pm.  After chest xrays, breathing treatments, more chest xrays, the verdict is....

Go Big or Go Home....

Sinus infection.  Ear infection. Bronchitis.  And if in 24 hrs I'm not signficantly better....return to ER because it is possible that I may have developed pneumonia.

No making a "Reasons to Call" sign.

Instead, I'm hoping for some major relief of feeling absolutely horrific.

3 comments:

marythemom said...

Oh my goodness! Bless your heart! I hope you feel better soon, and that it doesn't become pneumonia. How scary!

Mary

Dina Marie ~ A Plucky Procrastinator said...

Oh sweetie :( I hope you get this knocked out soon! Take care of you. I made a sign for both of us :)

My Daily Jenn-ism said...

I don't always comment, but I'm always reading... Feel better. Hang in there. Hugs