Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Agree to Disagree

Updated to say.... therapy should NOT....BE COMFORTABLE.

There have been many lil things turned large over the blogging world the last few months.  It is going to happen.  There are things that I say or do that you will cringe and think "wth is she thinking?"  And the same thing back and forth.

This happens often in my daily life.  With my husband...daily.  My mother...hourly.  This is the beauty of human nature.  As adults..we can often agree....to...disagree.

Today, I found myself in a situation with my therapist (and I know she reads this blog from time to time) where I had to do this very thing.

I can and do respect J- and often when I see her I may not agree or LIKE what she has to say or suggests.  That is okay.  Therapy should be not comfortable.

I'm pretty certain J has a very valid point.  And in most cases/friendships I would probably agree with her eventually.   As I left her office today the ol' saying popped back into my head..."- u need to agree....to disagree."

So...that is my lesson for today. 

Agree.....to disagree!!

No comments: